What a line up. Oscar winning actor Richard Dreyfuss. Actor and Director Jason Priestley. Together they create a new film opening this weekend Cas and Dylan. To kick off this year’s baseball season we present Hall of Fame Pitcher and Winery owner Tom Seaver. However, it’s The Wine Diva who kicks things off with lots of pre-tasted wines for Spring!!
Are wine choices seasonal? That question is always being asked. Let’s face it..as Summer approaches we start reaching for lighter/whiter wines after months of Get-me-through-Winter Reds. Daenna van Mulligen – The Wine Diva – is waaaay ahead of us.
She’s tasted and tested at least 2 dozen wines for you to consider. This list is a keeper. You can find all her lists at www.winediva.ca
- Jackson~Triggs Reserve Viognier, Okanagan Valley BC $13.99
- Nk’Mip Cellars Riesling, Okanagan Valley BC $17.99
- Trivento ‘Amado Sur’ White, Mendoza, Argentina $14.99
- Douglas Green Chardonnay, Western Cape South Africa $12.96
- ‘Kono’ Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough New Zealand $16.00
- Bartier~Scholefield Rose, Okangan Valley BC $19.00
- Codorniu Classico Brut Cava, Spain, NV $14.99
- Meyer Family Vineyards Chardonnay McLean Creek Road Vineyard, Okanagan Valley BC $30.00
- Blue Mountain Vineyard and Cellars Pinot Blanc, Okanagan Valley BC $18.00
- Road 13 Honest John’s Rose, Okanagan Valley BC $16.99
- Clos du Soleil ‘Capella’, Okanagan Valley BC $25.00
- Monte Del Fra Corvina Veronese, Veneto Italy $16.00
- 8th Generation ‘Confidence’ Spumante, Okanagan Valley BC $23.00
- Upper Bench Estate Winery Pinot Gris, Okanagan Valley BC N/A
- Burrowing Owl Estate Winery Pinot Noir, Okanagan Valley BC $30.00
- Fetzer ‘Quartz’ White Blend, California $16.99
- Arabella Chenin Blanc, Western Cape South Africa $13.00
- JoieFarm Gamay, Okanagan Valley BC $24.00
- ‘Grooner’ Gruner Veltliner by Meinhard Forstreiter, Austria $16.99
- Domaine Zinck Pinot Blanc, Alsace France $17.99
- Santa Carolina Sauvignon Blanc Reserva, Leyda Chile $12.99
- CedarCreek Estate Winery Pinot Gris, Okanagan Valley BC $18.00
- Steller’s Jay Brut, Okanagan Valley BC $24.99
- Jorge Ordonez ‘Botani’ Moscatel Seco, Sierras de Malaga DOC
www.seavervineyards.com/ Tom Seaver’s vineyard isn’t open to the public, but his powerful flagship GTS Cabernet Sauvignon ($85) and easier-drinking GTS Nancy’s Fancy Cabernet Sauvignon ($65) are available in limited quantities using order forms at seaverfamilyvineyards.com.All right! What could you possibly need to know about Jason Priestley that you already don’t know. He’s an accomplished film, stage and TV actor. Father of two. Good Canadian Boy (West Coast through and through)
He and I are partners in the series Hollywood and Vines TV www.hollywoodandvinestv.com Just won Best Actor and his series Call Me Fitz just won best comedy at the Canadian Screen Awards 2014. www.callmefitz.ca Cas and Dylan – which debuts this weekend – is Jason’s first film direction.
It stars Richard Dreyfuss and Tatiana Maslany. An Odd Couple Road Movie.
Jason Priestley joins us..and the last segment is reserved for Richard Dreyfuss. http://www.officialjasonpriestley.com/ …and finally we finish with Richard Dreyfuss.. Jaws Close Encounters American Graffiti The Goodbye Girl Mr Holland’s OpuS And many many more films/tv series. Richard gives us the other side of the Cas and Dylan story. Also talks about his work with Steven Spielberg . Saves special mention for the third act of Cas and Dylan – The Payoff!! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Dreyfuss
STORIES AND SPECIALS WE’RE WORKING ON
10 days in Argentina (April 19) 12 days in New Zealand.(May 3)