Tasting Room Radio will be heard at 3pm Saturday for the Vancouver folks on TEAM 1410 .
The Wine Diva has two dozen wines for the Season. Falling in Love with Autumn Wines We travel to Cowichan Valley on Vancouver Island for their wine festival. Sean Heather – One of the most interesting restaurateurs in Vancouver enters the Hall of Fame.
Daenna van Mulligen returns as The Wine Diva. Falling in Love With Autumn Wines. It’s that change of season ..heading fully into Fall. Most of us start looking for more “involved” Wines..switching from the bright and light of summer to bigger reds and more complex whites. The Diva brings it… If you miss info..it’s always listed here and on her website.
- Peter Lehmann ‘Portrait’ Shiraz, Barossa Valley, Australia
- Castiglion Del Bosco Rosso di Montalcino DOC, Tuscany Italy
- Allegrini Palazzo della Torre, Veronese, Veneto Italy
- Antinori ‘Peppoli’, DOCG Chianti Classico, Tuscany Italy
- Montebuena ‘Cuvee KPF’ D.O. Rioja, Spain
- Plume Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley California
- Brazin Old Vine Zin, Lodi California
- Tinhorn Creek Chardonnay, Okanagan Valley BC
- Quails’ Gate Chardonnay, Okanagan Valley BC
- Howling Bluff ‘Summa Quies” Pinot Noir Reserve, Okanagan Valley BC
- Altos Las Hormigas, Malbec Classico, Mendoza Argentina BC:
- Delas Cotes-Du-Ventoux, Rhone Valley, France
- Bartier~Scholefield ‘BS’ Red Table Wine, Okanagan Valley BC Winery
- Campo di Sasso Insoglio del Cinghiale, Bibona Tuscany Italy
- Blue Mountain Vineyard and Cellars Pinot Noir, Okanagan Valley BC
- Evans & Tate ‘Metricup Road’ Shiraz, Margaret River Australia BC
- Belle Glos Pinot Noir ‘Clark & Telephone Vineyard’, Santa Maria Valley, Santa Barbara, Calif.
- Mer Soleil ‘Gold’ Barrel Fermented Chardonnay, Santa Lucia Highlands
- Kettle Valley Viognier, Okanagan Valley BC Winery
- La Vieille Ferme Rouge Cotes~du~Ventoux, Rhone Valley France
- Sebastiani Chardonnay, Sonoma County
- Penfolds ‘Thomas Hyland’ Shiraz, Adelaide Australia
- Whitehaven Pinot Noir, Marlborough New Zealand
- Stoneboat Vineyards Pinotage, Okanagan Valley
They asked me to host a panel at the winery which I gladly accepted. Guests on the panel included: Treve Ring Sommelier. Writer. Consultant. Editor. Outspoken and opinionated. Perfect!! Troy Townsin Author (Wine Feast: Eat. Drink & Discover BC Wine) and Host of Time for Wine on CBC Victoria. Great Overview! Chris Turyk The new voice and face of Unsworth Vineyards. Doesn’t look like a dirt farmer.
Mark Holford President. Owner of Rocky Creek Winery. And this is his second job!! Bailey Williamson Winemaker at Blue Grouse. Learned his craft with Michael Bartier at Road 13. Wants to make great bubble. Tereza Roux Wine Director at Clayoquot Wilderness Resort. Flight Delayed by Fog. Was Missed. Other guests included: Tim Turyk and Daniel Gosman Owner and Winemaker at Unsworth Vineyards.
This episode of Tasting Room Radio concludes with long overdue interview with Sean Heather. Sean arrived in Vancouver from Ireland with the intention of earning enough money to finance a trip to Berkeley, where he hoped to work with Alice Waters. He soon realized that the only way to beat the grind of the restaurant business would be to work for himself. He partnered with his sister Roisin and soon to be wife Erin. Then he opened the Irish Heather in 1997. He worked behind the bar five nights a week, pouring pints for his regulars, while his wife served tables and his sister worked weekends. Next came Shebeen Whisky House, which opened in 2000, and then the Salty Tongue Café in 2003. After opening Salt to rave reviews in 2006, Sean’s business world grew in leaps and bounds. Next came Fetch, a coffee kiosk in the old B.C. Electric building at Carrall and Hastings streets, opened in 2009; Judas Goat, a Spanish-style tapas bar next door to Salt, as well as Chinatown coffee shop Everything Café and the Pennsylvania Hotel bakery, all opened in 2010. There’s also Penn Bakeshop, Bitter and his latest project Rainer Provisions. He has opened and operated highly successful destinations on some of the toughest streets and alleys on the West Coast. Plus…he quietly supports local charities including The Portland Hotel Society, The Rainer Hotel and Beauty Night Society. And That’s why he’s being included into the BC Restaurant Hall of Fame and a very welcome guest on Tasting Room Radio. http://www.bcrhof.ca/ www.scoutmagazine.ca Gluttony http://www.shophhg.ca/pages/about-us
STORIES WE’RE WORKING ON:
The 62nd annual Niagara Wine Festival