The Wine Diva’s Top 100 under $20 plus Winemaker Bob Blue on 1000 Stories & Bonterra
Daenna van Mulligen – The Wine DIva
Just in time for Christmas and the Holidays…Wines 89 points or better and all $20.00 or under. What’s not to LIKE?
Over the course of her tasting year Daenna always starts a Top 100 wine list. These wines have passed her taste test and they’re affordable.
We can’t fit in all 100 wines but there are at least 25 wines here..of all kinds and countries.
Plus Daenna throws in 3 more just to finish it off.
If you go to www.winediva.ca you can follow along..Also, at the top of her page there’s a link to a printable list.
Print it up, stick it in your bag!
- Sperling Vineyards ‘Market White’, Okanagan Valley BC
- Torres ‘5G’, Campo de Borja Spain
- Bodegas Valparaiso ‘Finca El Encinal’ Ribera del Duero, Spain
- Bartier Bros. Riesling, Okanagan Valley BC
- Blue Grouse Estate Winery ‘Quill’ Pinot Gris, Duncan British Columbia
- Falernia Carmenere Reserva, Elqui Valley Chile
- Blue Mountain Vineyard and Cellars Pinot Blanc, Okanagan Valley BC
- Paul Mas Viognier, Languedoc France
- Selbach Riesling ‘Fish Label’, Germany
- The Wolftrap Syrah~Mourvedre~Viognier, Robertson South Africa
- Masi Passo Doble, Tupungato Argentina
- Yealands Estate ‘Land Made’ Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough New Zealand
- Bodegas Borsao Garnacha, DO Campo de Borja Spain
- Road 13 ‘Chip Off the Old Block’ Chenin Blanc, Golden Mile Bench, Okanagan Valley BC
- Yalumba ‘The Y Series’ Shiraz Viognier, South Australia
- Nathalie Bonhomme ‘el petit bonhomme blanco’, Rueda Spain
- Clos du Soleil Rose, Okanagan Valley
- Louis.M.Martini Cabernet Sauvignon, Sonoma County California
- Quails’ Gate Estate Winery ‘Lucy’s Block’ Rose, Okanagan Valley BC
- Fitzpatrick Family Vineyards ‘Pink Mile Rose’, Okanagan Valley BC
- Tantalus Vineyards Rose, Okanagan Valley BC
- Tinhorn Creek ‘Oldield Reserve’ Rose, Okanagan Valley BC
- Bodegas Olivares Rosado ‘Finca Hoya de Santa Santa Ana’, Jumilla Spain
- C.C Jentsch Cellars ‘The Chase’, Okanagan Valley BC
- CedarCreek Estate Winery Riesling, Okanagan Valley BC
or pocket..it’s invaluable until the next list comes along.
Thank You Daenna.
Bob Blue – California Winemaker at Bonterra and 1000 Stories Bourbon barrel aged Zinfandel
Iconic winemaker Bob Blue on the phone from Mendocino. Bob is showcasing his most recent project – 1000 Stories Bourbon Barrel-aged Zinfandel, which has just launched in BC.
A graduate from UC-Davis, Bob is considered a pioneer in the organic wine arena and is the founding winemaker for Bonterra, America’s #1 Organic wine. Bob was mentored by Paul Dolan and Dennis Martin and traveled to Bordeaux, Burgundy, Australia and the Rhone to broaden his sense of style. He received a Lifetime Achievement Award at the Drinks Business Green Awards in 2014, recognizing him for his 25-year commitment to the highest standards of organic viticulture.
100 stories opens with vanilla and cherries, hints of barnyard. A sweet attack followed quickly by pepper, cooking spices, vanilla? AND Twizzler. (Liquorice)
By the time you taste that first mouthful you are engaged. Welcome to BC Bob!! http://www.1000storieswines.com/
The second half of the interview is all about Organic wines..their growth and rise in popularity.
Because Bob has been an industry leader in organic wines for almost 30 years he’s the guy to talk to about how organic wines won all of us over.
Winery of the Year in 2014 from Wine Enthusiast.
STORIES WERE WORKING ON:
Jann Arden – It’s a cook book and NOT a cook book. Its about cooking for her Mom, who’s dealing with memory loss.
Christine Coletta – “Come and get me Copper!” A report from Ottawa and the Supreme Court battle over Canada’s odious wine laws.