The Wine Diva/Daenna van Mulligen. Top Wines under/over $20.00
Daenna van Mulligen is The Wine Diva.
Daenna is a Sommelier, wine judge, writes for Taste, Monte Cristo, Vitis etc.
http://WineDiva.ca & http://WineScores.ca |
Based in Vancouver and constantly travelling the wine world ….
Daenna tastes over 2000 wines throughout the year and reviews many of them for her website and various publications.
All of the wines we’ll talk about on this episode can be found tasted and rated at www.winediva.ca and www.winescores.ca
There are many more to be found there.(For your convenience we’ve added the wines we talked about below, as well)
Daenna loves her lists. As long as I’ve know her she’s been making sensational wine lists.
- Top 100 (under $20 and 89 points or better)
- Top 50 (Over $20 and 91 points or better)
Aye – Here we GO. Under $20/ 89 points or over
- Cantina Tollo ‘Colle Secco Rubi’ Montepulciano D’Abruzzo Italy $17.99
- Bodega Valparaiso ‘Finca El Encinal’ Roble, Ribera del Duero, Spain $19.00
- Famille Perrin Cotes du Rhone Reserve, Rhone Valley, France $17.99
- Barone di Valforte Pecorino, Abbruzzo, Italy $19.99
- Paul Mas Grenache Noir, Pays d’Oc France $12.99
- Jose Maria da Fonseca ‘Periquite’ Reserva, Setubal Penninsula, Portugal $16.99
- Kono Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough, New Zealand $16.99
- Cellars Baronia Flor d’Englora Garnacha, Montsant, Spain $17.00
- Cellars Baronia Flor d’Englora Roure Garnacha, Montsant, Spain $18.00
- M. Chapoutier ‘Bila Haut’ Rouge, Cotes du Roussillon Villages, Roussillon, France $16.99
- Bodegas Franco-Espanolas ‘Bordon’ Crianza, Rioja, Spain $19.00
- Tender Hope Chardonnay, Okanagan Valley, BC $20.00
- Cirro Pinot Gris, Marlborough New Zealand $19.99
- Boutinot ‘Sun & Air’ Cinsault, Western Cape South Africa $15.00
- Harper’s Trail ‘Pioneer Block’ Thadd Springs Vineyard Riesling, Thompson Valley, BC $20.00
- Liquidity Wines Estate Pinot Gris, Okanagan Falls, BC N/A
- El Petit Bonhomme Blanco, Rueda Spain $14.00
- Monte Creek Ranch Winery Riesling, British Columbia N/A
- Spearhead Riesling, Okanagan Valley BC $20.00
- Fitzpatrick Family Vineyards ‘The Unwinder Ehrenfelser’, Okanagan Valley, BC N/A
- Lunessence Winery & Vineyard ‘Quartet White’, Okanagan Valley BC N/A
- Sperling Vineyards Pinot Noir Rose, Okanagan Valley BC N/A
- Blue Mountain Vineyard and Cellars Pinot Blanc, Okanagan Valley BC $20.00
- Babylon’s Peak ‘Front Row’ Shiraz, Mourvedre, Viognier, South Africa $12.99
- San Valentino Montepulcinano d’Abruzzo, Italy $12.50
- Fort Berens Estate Winery Chardonnay, British Columbia $19.00
- Road 13 ‘Chip Off the Old Block’ Chenin Blanc, Golden Mile Bench, Okanagan Valley BC
- ACuma Organic Torrontes, Argentina $12.79
Top 50 – Over $20/91 Points or better.
- Moon Curser Touriga Nacional, Okanagan Valley BC N/A
- Noble Ridge ‘Noble Knights’ Powers Vintage Chardonnay, Okanagan Valley, BC $40.00
- Stag’s Hollow Pinot Noir, Shuttleworth Creek Vineyard, Okanagan Valley BC N/A
- Rust Wine Co. Merlot, Golden Mile Bench, Okanagan Valley, BC N/A
- Cellars Baronia Clos d’Englora AV14, Montsant, Spain $55.00
- Meyer Family Vineyards ‘McLean Creek Road’ Chardonnay, Okanagan Valley BC $35.00
- Liquidity Wines Reserve Pinot Noir, Okanagan Falls, BC N/A
- JoieFarm ‘En Famille’ Reserve Riesling, Okanagan Valley, BC N/A
- Emotivo Gran Rosso, Veneto, Italy $20.00
- The Prisoner Red Wine, Napa Valley California $60.00
- Black Hills Estate Winery “Nota Bene”, Okanagan Valley BC $60.00
- Mission Hill Family Estate ‘Jagged Rock Vineyard’ Chardonnay, Okanagan Valley, BC $45.00 26. Winemaker’s Cut Syrah, Okanagan Valley BC N/A
- Blue Mountain Vineyard and Cellars ‘Block 14-Gravel Force’ Pinot Noir, Okanagan Falls, BC
- Cedar Creek ‘Platinum’ Block 2 Pinot Noir, Okanagan Valley BC $45.00
- SpearHead Pinot Noir ‘Coyote Vineyard, Okanagan Valley BC N/A
- Tender Hope Syrah, Walla Walla Valley, Washington N/A
- Nk’Mip Cellars Qwam Qwmt Syrah, Okanagan Valley BC N/A
- Hester Creek ‘Limited Edition The Judge’ Okanagan Valley BC N/A
- Robert Mondavi Winery ‘The Reserve’ Cabernet Sauvignon, To Kalon Vineyard, Oakville, Napa Valley $175.00
- Road 13 ‘Blind Creek’ Viognier, Similkameen Valley BC N/A
- Bartier Bros. Cabernet Franc, Okanagan Valley BC $30.00
- Quails’ Gate Estate Winery ‘The Connemara’, Okanagan Valley BC N/A
- Painted Rock Syrah, Okanagan Valley BC $40.00
- Tinhorn Creek ‘Innovation Series’ Whole Cluster Cabernet Franc, Okanagan Valley, BC N/A
Daenna LOVES her bubble.
The last several minutes of this week’s TRR she suggests Festive Fizz for New Years.
You can find the complete 35 bottle list on www.winediva.ca
This show is dedicated to the memory of Harry McWatters. Much missed but never forgotten.
STORIES WE’RE WORKING ON
Next week Kurtis Kolt
Georgia Straight Wine Writer – The Bottle
Consultant. Educator. Sommelier.
Co-Founder of Top Drop, an outstanding small wine festival. (June 24 Vancouver. June 26 Calgary)
KK brings Top wines of the year, Tales of South Africa, the rise of Pop up wine bars in Vancouver and thoughts on this years VanWineFest.