DJ Kearney has trained over a thousand sommelier candidates throughout North America for the International Sommelier Guild and the Wine and Spirit Education Trust and has consulted for many global wine marketing bodies — including Wines of Chile, Wines of South Africa, Wines of California, Jura Wines, Sopexa, and Wines of Argentina — while leading educational master-classes for these entities around North America.
DJ judges, moderates, presents at wine festivals and competitions around the globe. She brings a truly global perspective to her work. DJ has been the Drinks Editor for Vancouver Magazine and critic/contributor/judge for Wine Align.
Long-time friend, I asked DJ to comment on the 2021 Wine Align final results.
As for the Wine Align Canadian Wine Awards, DJ Kearney was there, right in the middle of it, tasting and judging many 100’s of Canadian wines.
I also asked Deej to comment on recent wines from anywhere that made an impression on her,
And comments on BC, Ontario plus wines that make great gifts year-round.
· PIERRE PAILLARD – LES PARCELLES BOUZY GRAND CRU 750 ml | SKU: 477372 France $67.99
· POL ROGER – RESERVE BRUT 750 ml | SKU: 51953 France $73.99
· PENEDES CABERNET SAUVIGNON – TORRES MAS LA PLANA 2015 750 ml | SKU: 315838 Spain $67.99 on sale from $72.99 On Sale (until Jan 1)
· CHABLIS – WILLIAM FEVRE CHAMPS ROYAUX 2018 750 ml | SKU: 25270 France $36.99
· CHIANTI CLASSICO RISERVA – MAZZEI SER LAPO 2015 750 ml | SKU: 176842 Italy $29.99 down from $32.99 On Sale (until Jan 1)
- Our BC conversation included
- Cab Franc
- DJ and I finish with a question we always ask ourselves.
- Will BC wines ever be truly available in Ontario and other provinces and will Ontario wines show up on shelves in BC? If you’re a wine fan, perhaps you could ask your local member of parliament.